Monday 30 April 2007

Walk the Walk

Ok, so I havn't been blogging too much lately. In fact, it's because I have been out walking the streets!!(please no comments). I have been in training for the Moonwalk. For those that don't know, the Moonwalk is 26.2 miles (roughly the marathon route) around London. The slight difference to the Marathon is that the Moonwalk takes place over-night. Yes, we start at around 11pm and walk all night, finishing about 8am.

Apparently it is not unknown to hallucinate that there are comfy beds in the middle of the road and try and get into them!!! Pity the poor chap driving home from night shift, to find a group of hallucinating women, dressed in bras, trying to get into his 4x4!!!

And yes, you've guessed it, the attire for the evening is decorated bras. (obviously warm jogging bottoms and trainers as well). I know, should I really be doing this? (again, please don't comment). AND I won't be telling you when and where the walk finishes, NO-ONE will be seeing me in so little attire.

The event is raising money for Breast Cancer research - for those interested, I do have a sponsor form - although it's not obligatory to donate!! I only have to raise £100 this time (last year it was £1,500). And I will be walking for those people I met last year who have had or who are still battling this disease and for two friends, recently diagnosed, and who are fighting it at the moment!!!!!

So anyone at Roots this year who fancies a walk to Liverpool, just let me know!!

15 comments:

Dawn said...

If I'm on my own, I'll take you up on that!

Unknown said...

Cool! Sounds like fun!

Fiona said...

Are you both mad?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dawn said...

No....just potentially lonely!

Ann said...

I stand in awe Fiona.....we are not worthy! Not only are you a domestic goddess you are a physical one too !

Fiona said...

Physical Goddess????? Ummm!!!!?You might need to get those glasses tested Ann.

Dawn said...

Do we have to mirror the attire of the Moonwalk if we come on Saturday?

Fiona said...

No, not with the temperatures predicted for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

what is the tempreture predicted for the weekend aunty fiona???

Fiona said...

Around 15degrees - and that doesn't take into account the "wind-chill". Which is way too cold to be walking around in bras!!

Dawn said...

Climate Goddess too.

We've been learning about Egytpian Gods and Goddesses in year 3, they have masks that represent them, or a certain pose. What would your amsk have on it?

Liz said...

amsk ? Wasn't he one of the Wombles?

Graeme said...

No, that was Tomsk!! Personally I preferred Tobermory!

Anonymous said...

did you walk to liverpool???

Fiona said...

No sweetheart. Unfortunately I was very tired from being kept up all night by ignorant, drunken, Liverpool louts. (oops they are the Others arn't they?!) So whilst I didn't actually walk, I did feel so worn out, I pretended I did.