Thursday 12 April 2007

"It's Only Words........!"

I must relay to you the conversation (!) I had yesterday whilst helping at a christian eating/refreshment establishment (aka coffee morning).

An older lady approached me to say that she thought my niece was a lovely little girl, with a lovely smile and she really liked looking at her on the platform in the singing company and also when she came round with the collection plate on a Sunday morning.

Yes, I agreed, the little girl was lovely!!

The lady continued....."but then your sister has a lovely way about her doesn't she! She always smiles. I always smile because that is how we were brought up! It doesn't cost anything to smile you know!"

Yes, I agreed and (cheekily) then asked that all important question "Do I have a lovely way about me then?!"

"Well you are different arn't you!"



What does that mean exactly?!?!?! Comments welcomed!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Ohhh, never ask those kind of questions about yourself - the response will always be confusing even if it is a good one. It's all about perception ( I AM gonna blog about this at some point, but am back to work today, so normal poor blogging will be resumed!)For what it's worth , I think you do :)

Unknown said...

Me too!

Dawn said...

My Word!

You should have accidently tripped and accidently spilt a drink over her!

RichardB said...

Seems to me like to laid youself wide open to that one :-)

Was it someone you knew though? Even more disturbing if it wasn't

Fiona said...

It was actually someone I knew, she was working there at the time. And I did ask the question rather cheekily, with a grin on my face knowing full well that I could get an unpredictable answer. But probably most people would say "oh yes of course", even if they didn't mean it. However, she was TOTALLY oblivious to what she was saying or how it came over. It did cause some fun in the kitchen!!!

It's Ok though, therapy is helping!!!