Tuesday 27 January 2009

Fish Fingers, Rats and Migraines


Went to bed last night and was obviously thinking of/worrying about cooking for Messy Church tonight. Theme of Loaves and Fishes, so fish fingers!
Had various vivid dreams, the worst being that during the cooking of fish fingers for Messy Church, the Environmental Health Officer turned up and found rats in the kitchen. I believe I cried out in my sleep. Well, wouldn't you?
The ensuing migraine is to remind me of that nightmare.
Sure tonight will go smoothly?!?!?!?!

3 comments:

Liz said...

It was brill and thank you.Elyse loved it too!Hope you don't cry out in your sleep tonight due to that massive burn ( yoghurt, try it!).....oh and you've given Keith an idea for Men's Breakfast - Lardy Rat!

Dawn said...

I know a cat you can borrow!

Can't remember the last time I had fish fingers and chips - it was BRILLIANT.

Thank you!

So, what's on the menu for Pirates? Hmmm, you've got me thinking now!

Fiona said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

The whole evening was a steep learning curve. One thing we learnt was that the oven capacity is woefully inadequate and needs to be put on at least an hour before you want it.

Not much you can do with £1 per head, it really is cheap and cheerful. It wasn't really as good as I wanted it to be, but, as the song says, "The only way is UP!"

I will leave you to ponder what we will be having for pirates. (Probably coz we are still pondering ourselves - but you can be sure the oven won't feature too heavily!!)